Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Summery Blue Vintage Floral Dress


I finished this dress a couple of weeks ago but never got around to having pictures taken. It's one of my favorites that I've put together and it's also only the second dress I've made with a zipper.  I mixed a modern blue chambray fabric with a vintage pink and blue floral fabric that I picked up from a thrifting expedition. I envisioned a drop waist summer dress when I saw the floral fabric and I even had enough to make myself a hi-low maxi skirt that I will enjoy wearing this summer. (I'll post that up another time!) 



I love how all the little details make the dress. The back is simple and modern.


The pleats on the straps took surprisingly little time to accomplish and give so much interest to the simple top. 


A layered skirt is a must for my daughter. She has a princess complex- don't all 4-year old girls? =)


Simple, modern, with a vintage touch thanks to the beautiful floral fabric. That's why this dress is my favorite so far. =) If only I were ambitious enough to make one for myself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like this post? Leave a comment or check the sidebar for ways to connect with me - I'd love to hear what you think!